The Board of the Company is mandated to prepare a CSR Report under Section 134(3)(o) of the Companies Act, 2013. The Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014 provide for the format for reporting CSR activities annually. The format for the annual report on CSR activities to be included in the Board’s report is as follows:
1. A brief outline of the company’s CSR policy, including overview of projects or programs proposed to be undertaken and a reference to the web-link to the CSR policy and projects or programs.
2. The Composition of the CSR Committee.
3. Average net profit of the company for the last three financial years
4. Prescribed CSR expenditure (two per cent, of the amount as in item 3 above
5. Details of CSR spent during the financial year
(a) Total amount to be spent for the financial year:
(b) Amount unspent, if any:
(c) Manner in which the amount spent during the financial year is detailed below:
6. In case the company has failed to spend the two per cent of the average net profit of the last three financial years or any part thereof, the company shall provide the reasons for not spending the amount in its Board report.
7. A responsibility statement of the CSR Committee that the implementation and monitoring of CSR Policy, is in compliance with CSR objectives and policy of the company.
1 COMPANY (CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY) RULES, 2014 at http://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/pdf/CompaniesActNotification2_2014.pdf